Effective date: July 2017.
First, getting some things out of the way about this and other services
These are the terms of service for the public instance of bors-ng, operating with the bors app account on GitHub and https://app.bors.tech/. In classic contract convention, it’ll be referred to as “The Service”. Any usage or participation of The Service will constitute acceptance of this agreement.
By the way, the people operating The Service (“We”/”Us”) can’t absolve the person who interacts with The Service (“You”) of GitHub’s terms of service. The Service is not run by GitHub. Since there’s no way to use The Service without also using the public GitHub service, you will need to comply with both contacts.
Enabling GitHub repositories in The Service
- You’re not allowed to use The Service with private GitHub repositories.
- You’re not allowed to enable The Service on a GitHub repository without permission from the repository’s owner.
- By enabling The Service on Your GitHub repository, You give The Service permission to download Your GitHub repository’s content, and to add content to the repository.
- Because you are not allowed to use The Service with private repositories, We can look at the contents of your repository for any reason (subject to GitHub’s ToS and whatever license your repository carries), but We will not modify your repository except to fulfill an explicit request from an authorized user.
You are not allowed to hack The Service
- You’re not allowed to use The Service to amplify or relay excessive amount of bulk traffic, like denials-of-service, flooding, and spam.
- You’re not allowed to do anything that You have a reason to expect will interfere with others using The Service.
- You’re not allowed to impersonate other users, or bypass the bors-ng permissions system to do things that You have a reason to expect You aren’t supposed to be able to do.
- The Service is hosted in the US, and We will comply with US law.
- You are not allowed to log in to it unless You are over 13 years of age. We do not target The Service at children, or allow children under 13 to use it. If we find out children are using it, we’ll block them and report this to GitHub, who doesn’t allow children either.
- If any part of this agreement is violated, we may block the user account or GitHub repository that is responsible for the violation, or we may use heuristic methods such as IP, traffic shape, or bayesian filters to attempt to block violations.
- You are responsible for any conduct that is done with your account. Keep your password secure.
No warranty, no SLA
- We do not provide a warranty for The Service, or guarantee any level of uptime.
- We do not permanently record any personal information that is not already public other than authentication tokens.
- We do not share the authentication tokens, and we do not use them for any purpose other than providing The Service.
- To ensure quality of service, The Service will keep temporary traffic logs, which will include IP addresses and (potentially) the complete contents of network traffic. They will not be kept for more than a month.
- We may produce, and may publish, non-personally-identifying statistics based on the logs.