It’s another monthly burst of news about bors-ng:
- A continuous integration bot.
- Awaits reviewer approval on PRs, builds them as though they were merged, only merges on green.
- Updates PR with merge status.
In the last month, we landed 17 PRs in the bors-ng repository.
- couchand added co-author trailers to bors’s merge commits
- couchand fixed the different orderings between the merge commits’ parents and the merge commit messages
- couchand made the History tab sort better
- couchand made the Settings tab sort better
- couchand added a config option for setting a custom committer name and email
- notriddle fixed the cleanup routine to delete old crash reports
- notriddle added the
- notriddle fixed a crashing bug related to merge conflicts
- notriddle allowed non-reviewer members to view the project dashboard pages
- notriddle added a UI for syncing the reviewers list with GitHub’s contributors list
No new contributors this month 😥
Want to see your name in this newsletter? Look at bors starters, a curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!
Who’s using bors?
This month’s featured user is Fusion Dealership Systems, who write software used by car dealerships out of South Africa. They’ve open sourced pretty much everything they develop that isn’t directly related to selling cars, like their search indexing microservice, blob store microservice, and many upstream contributions to Twisted Python.
One of their employees, mithrandi, helped us get a good, official Docker image for bors-ng that works in the same infrastructure that they run all their other stuff in. Thanks for being an early adopter and helping find all the kinks in our deploy story, Fusion!
Got any suggestions for next month? Post a comment on the May pull request.