It’s another monthly burst of news about bors-ng, a GitHub bot to keep your repository stable with a high arrival rate of commits / merges.
In the last month, we landed 39 PRs in the bors-ng repository.
Get this newsletter via email
This newsletter is getting sent out via MailChimp, now, too. Just put in your email, and on the third day of every month, you’ll get an email with the same stuff as this post.
- notriddle added error handling for open PR fetching
- indirect made it possible to change the trigger word
- notriddle made bors sync the repository when the organization’s member list changes
- notriddle enabled dependabot and updated the deployment scripts to Elixir 1.7
- notriddle fixed the build number footer on Docker-based deployments
Want to see your name in this newsletter? Look at bors starters, a curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!
Who’s using bors?
This month’s featured user is the Mozilla Product Delivery Team. They build tools to deliver changes to Firefox in-between full releases. They’ve integrated bors into the workflow for several of their projects, and have integrated it into some of their tools. Among other projects, they maintain:
- Normandy, which serves instructions on changes to make in the form of signed and verified “recipes”
- Buildhub, the service that indexes all Firefox builds
- Delivery Console, an admin panel for Normandy (and other backends in the future)
- Mozilla’s distribution of kinto
- Remote Settings a way to manage evergreen data such as add-on block lists in Firefox
Got any suggestions for next month? Post a comment on the October pull request.